At San Rafael Notary we can take care of any documents that require notarization. Any documents from Powers of attorney, consent for minor to travel, trusts, loan documents, affidavits, and many other documents.
We take the time and care to make sure your document notarized properly and using the proper wording and all the t’s are crossed and I’s are dotted.
It is important to bring in a form of identification. The following can be used for identification:
- An identification card or driver’s license issued by the California DMV
- United States passport
- A government photo identification card issued by another state, which includes a physical description of you, signature of yourself, and an identifying number.
- Driver’s license issued by another state or by a Canadian or Mexican public agency authorized to issue drivers’ licenses.
- A passport issued by a foreign government, provided that it has been stamped by the U.S. Immigration or Naturalization Service or the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- A military identification card.
All ID’S provided must be current or have been issued within the last five years.
If no such ID is available and cannot be reasonably obtained, the signer may have TWO CREDIBLE WITNESSES present who know you and can attest to who you are.
The person who is in need of the notarization will need to be able to communicate with the notary, we are able to notarize English and Spanish speaking persons if any other language is spoken refer to your local directory for a notary that can assist you in your specific language.
The purpose for notarization is to prove who you are in cases where you are unable to be present to sign documents to the organization requesting a true signature of a person.
Types of notaries performed are:
- Acknowledgement, acknowledging who you are and verifying the person(s) and signature.
- Jurat, which is a sworn statement where an oath is administered to the person.
Again, we will make sure your notary is done completely and correctly in a reasonable efficient time frame. Please understand for your protection it may take some time to make sure things are done correctly, but we generally do not take too much time, so that you can continue on with your day.